Limited OB Ultrasound
Obstetrical ultrasound is valuable regardless of what your intentions are for your pregnancy. It is a high-quality and vital tool to provide information and answer questions you may have about your pregnancy.
Our experienced medical professionals are certified in limited obstetrical ultrasonagraphy and follow guidelines set collaboratively by the AIUM (American Institute in Ultrasound Medicine), the ACR (American College of Radiology), and the ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists).
Free Ultrasound after Pregnancy Test
At the SCV Pregnancy Center, ultrasound is ordered by our doctor to provide the information necessary to confirm that a pregnancy is progressing as expected by establishing:
- The estimated gestational age and date of your pregnancy.
- If the pregnancy is in the right location, in your uterus.
- The presence of the baby's heartbeat.
If we do not see what we would expect, you will receive a referral for appropriate care.
Note: We do not explore fetal anomaly, nor do we determine the gender of the baby.
The ultrasound exam may produce inconclusive results for a number of reasons:
- The pregnancy may not be viable (meaning it will not likely continue).
- The baby is growing outside of your uterus.
- The pregnancy may not be as far along as you thought, based on your last period.
- A miscarriage may have occurred.
The ultrasound findings must be reviewed by our doctor who will then make your official pregnancy diagnosis. At your request, we share the ultrasound report with your pre-natal provider of choice.
Our ultrasound services are completely free of charge to you.